Bay Laurel Essential Oil
also known as Bay or Laurel
While Bay Laurel essential oil has a broad spectrum of actions, it also has potential toxicity issues, including possible carcinogenic effects, CNS suppression, and skin sensitization. Since both IFRA and the EU have recommended maximum dermal use concentrations of 0.01% and 0.005% respectively, we have placed this essential oil on the restricted list.
Description and Uses: Bay Laurel oil (Laurus nobilis), also known as Sweet Bay or Laurel, is an uplifting oil that comes from bay leaves, well known in the culinary world. Laurel essential oil has a broad spectrum of actions but is also associated with potential toxicity.
Bay Laurel Essential Oil is part of our line of Artisan Quality Essential Oils.
Caution – maximum concentration for dermal use is 0.01%.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.