Ylang Ylang III Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang III Essential Oil (Cananga odorata) from Madagascar is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the flowers. Ylang Ylang #3 = the forth fraction in the distillation process (extra, #1, #2, #3) and has somewhat less of the floral aroma of “Ylang YlangExtra” with an earthy undertone. Its is a less expensive alternative when price is a primary concern
Ylang Ylang is the one of the few essential oils that is always distilled in fractions. Distillation is stopped at several stages (usually 4), the essential oil produced at each stage is removed, then the distillation continues. This produces the various grades of Ylang Ylang: Extra, 1, 2, 3 and complete. Ylang Ylang Complete may be either the full, uninterrupted distillation (usually) or a blend of all the different fractions.
The oil from the first hour of the distillation is called “Extra”. It is considered the very finest quality of Ylang Ylang and is usually preferred by perfumers and by some aromatherapists. Ylang Ylang Complete is preferred by many aromatherapists. Ylang Ylang III is a cheaper alternative to more expensive grades when price is a concern and can be a good option for soap and candle makers.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.