|Botanical Name||Origin||Cultivation||Method of Extraction||Source||Note||Main Natural Constituents||Blends Well With|
|Crananga odorata||Indonesia||Cultivated||Steam Distillation||Flowers||Base||linalool, geranyl acetate, caryophyllene, p-cresyl methyl ether, methyl benzoate, benzyl acetate, benzyl benzoate and other sesquiterpenes||bergamot, grapefruit, lavender and sandalwood|
- Additional Information
- Reviews (1)
Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil (Cananga odorata) from Indonesia is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the flowers.
“Extra” = Best. “Extra” is the first distillation of Ylang Ylang and preferred for it’s exquisite aroma and therapeutic properties.
More Info: Ylang Ylang is the one of the few essential oils that is always distilled in fractions. Distillation is stopped at several stages (usually 4), the essential oil produced at each stage is removed, then the distillation continues. This produces the various grades of Ylang Ylang: Extra, 1, 2, 3 and complete. Ylang Ylang Complete may be either the full, uninterrupted distillation (Ylang Ylang Complete) or a blend of all the different fractions.
The oil from the first minutes of the distillation is called “Extra”. It is considered the very finest quality of Ylang Ylang and is usually preferred by aromatherapists. The same flowers can be distilled a second time for 1-2 hours for grade “1” then a third time for a few more hours for grade “2” and then some more for grade “3” with the whole process taking 12-15 hours.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
5ml, 10ml, 15ml, 1oz, 2oz, 4oz