Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil (Cananga odorata) from Indonesia is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the flowers.
“Extra” = Best. “Extra” is the first fraction in the distillation of Ylang Ylang and is preferred by perfumers for it’s exquisite aroma.
More Info: Ylang Ylang is one of the few essential oils that is distilled in fractions. Distillation is stopped at several stages (usually 4), the essential oil produced at each stage is removed, then the distillation continues. This produces the various grades of Ylang Ylang: Extra, 1, 2, 3 and complete. Ylang Ylang Complete may be either the full, uninterrupted distillation (Ylang Ylang Complete) or a blend of all the different fractions; usually, it is a complete distillation.
The oil from the first hour of the distillation is called “Extra”. It has the highest ester content of all the Ylang Ylang grades and the most ethereal aroma.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.