Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil (Cananga odorata) from Madagascar is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the flowers.
“Complete” = the Complete distillation (all fractions).
Distillation: Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil is one of the few essential oils that is distilled in fractions. Distillation is stopped at several stages (usually 4) and the essential oil produced at each stage is removed, then the distillation of the plant material continues. This produces the various grades of Ylang Ylang: Extra, 1, 2, 3 and Complete.
The oil from the first hour of distillation is called “Extra”. It is considered the finest quality of Ylang Ylang in terms of aroma and is usually preferred by perfumers. Other grades of Ylang Ylang are takes off at various points in time as the distillation continues over a period of 12 to 15 hours. Ylang Ylang Complete is produced by a full distillation and is the grade of Ylang Ylang preferred by many aromatherapists.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.