Yarrow Essential Oil
Yarrow Essential Oil is also known as Milfoil Essential Oil.
Uses: Yarrow Essential Oil (Achillea millefolium) is used for a wide variety of complaints, including chest infections, digestive problems and nervous exhaustion. The Chinese use yarrow oil for menstrual problems, and in Scandinavia, it is used for rheumatism. Yarrow essential oil is also helpful for skin problems such as acne, oily skin, and to help reduce scarring.
Yarrow Essential Oil can be beneficial to the nervous, genito-urinary and digestive systems, and can assist with skin care. Yarrow essential oil can improve circulatory disorders such as varicose veins and hemorrhoids and also help with irregular menstruation, menopausal problems, cystitis and infection. Milfoil can aide digestive problems such as flatulence, colic, cramp, indigestion and constipation. In the nervous system, Yarrow Essential Oil can be used to counter stress-related problems, hypertension and insomnia. The skin can also benefit from yarrow oil as it helps to heal inflamed wounds, rashes, cuts, eczema, scars, and burns and can promote hair growth.
Method of Extraction: Our Yarrow Essential Oil is extracted from the dried herb by steam distillation. This exquisite Yarrow essential oil has a deep blue color; the deepest and bluest we’ve ever seen. In fact, when we got our first sample from this independent Bulgarian company, we thought they had sent it in a cobalt blue bottle. But on closer examination, we saw it was in clear glass with a vibrant, deep blue color.
History: Yarrow Essential Oil is also known as milfoil, referring to its feathery appearance, and was used as a charm in Scotland. It was credited with having powers to ward off evil and has a reputation of having an all-healing action. Yarrow Essential Oil has been used for a variety of ailments throughout the ages and is even added to some Swedish beers.
Precautions: Avoid during pregnancy and do not use with children. Use in moderation – prolonged use may cause headaches. May irritate sensitive skin.
Our Yarrow Essential Oil is part of our Artisan Quality line of essential oils.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.