White Lotus Absolute
Absolute of White Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) from India is solvent-extracted. Every natural perfumer needs a White Lotus in their arsenal of aromas. A little goes a long way – this “heady” aroma is intensely floral. Even at high dilutions, its unique scent can fill a room.
Absolutes are highly concentrated, aromatic oils derived via solvent extraction of plant material – often for flowers that are too delicate or too inert for steam distillation, like Jasmine, Mimosa and White and Pink Lotus. The extraction process does not put the plant material through high temperatures, so the aromatic compounds can smell exceptionally fresh. Our Absolute of White Lotus is extracted with high quality, organic solvent resulting in none of the detectable solvent odor that is so evident in lower quality products.
The sweet fragrance of White Lotus Absolute is cherished in Ayurvedic practice, considered sacred to Hindus and historically said to promote serenity and enhance meditation.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.