White Grapefruit Essential Oil
Grapefruit Essential Oil White (Citrus x paradisi) from USA is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil Expressed from the peels.
The grapefruit comes from a tree with dark green leaves and white flowers. The origin of the tree is unknown but thought to be related to the pomelo which was first brought to Spain from Asia by Arab traders in the 12th century. It traveled from there to the West Indies in the 18th century and this led to the cultivation of the grapefruit in the New World.
White Grapefruit Essential Oil derives from cold expression of the fresh peel from the fruit. It is used in aromatherapy as well as a fragrance in perfumes and cosmetics and a flavor additive.
Essential Oil of White Grapefruit is cooling, cleansing, and decongestive benefitting a sluggish lymphatic system.
In Chinese medicine, Grapefruit Essential Oil has been used to help relieve heat and stagnant Qi-energy in the Liver. This stagnant energy can lead to abdominal distention, nausea, and constipation. The oil cools the liver relieving these problems. An individual with a hot, damp constitution can be prone to arteriosclerosis and high blood pressure and Grapefruit Essential Oil (White) can help prevent these conditions as well as alleviate the conditions if they occur.
The astringent, cleansing nature of Grapefruit Essential Oil (White) makes it ideal for oily skin, acne, and stretch marks.
On a psychological level Grapefruit Essential Oil’s cooling nature helps relieve conditions of tension, irritability, frustration, and moodiness.
Grapefruit Essential Oil (White) clears the mental congestion derived from frustration and self-blame. It promotes a lightness of spirit and hunger for immediate satisfaction.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.