Organic Vetiver Essential Oil
Organic Vetiver Essential Oil is commonly known as Khus. The old French spelling, “vetyver”, is sometimes still used in perfumery.
Organic Vetiver Essential Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides) is a perennial bunchgrass from Indonesia. Vetiver Essential Oil (Organic) is steam distilled from the roots of the plant. Vetiver is closely related to Sorghum but shares characteristics with other fragrant grasses such as citronella, palmarosa, and lemongrass. Though Vetiver originated India, the grass is cultivated in many tropical regions, including the Southern US, however, Indonesia, China, Haiti are major producers.
Organic Vetiver Essential Oil has been an ingredient in 90% of all western perfumes due to its excellent fixative properties. Vetiver has been especially popular in men’s fragrances for it’s earthy, smoky and spicy qualities. Organic Vetiver Essential Oil has been considered to be one of the most masculine scents.
Uses: Vetiver Essential Oil (Organic) has been used in aromatherapy, skin care, cosmetics, perfume and ayurvedic soap. As an antiseptic, Vetiver Essential Oil (Organic) has also been used to treat acne and sores, and has anti-fungal properties as well.
Vetiver Essential Oil (Organic) is very grounding, and helpful to relieve anxiety and stress. It has a bold scent which still stands out when diluted in a carrier oil and/or blended with other essential oils such as most citrus essential oils and other grass based oils, black pepper, cedarwood, clary sage, ginger, lavender, patchouli, rose, ylang ylang and many others.
Organic Essential Oils: Organic essential oils are thought to be safer for use since the components were not chemically processed nor the plants exposed to pesticides. All of our organic essential oils meet the standards to be labeled as organic. Our Vetiver Essential Oil (Organic) was steam distilled from pesticide-free plants and not chemically extracted.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.