Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla plantifolia) from Indonesia is produced from the fruit / bean by solvent extraction.
Our Vanilla Absolute has an absolutely amazing aroma. To me, the smell is oddly both relaxing and invigorating and quite a bit more intense than the vanilla extract found in grocery stores.
Vanilla Absolute Blends Well With:
Benzoin, bergamot, frankincense, jasmine, lemon, mandarin, opopanax, orange, patchouli, rose, sandalwood, vetiver, ylang ylang as well as Balsam Peru, Cedarwood Atlas, Cinnamon, Clove, Coffee, Coriander, Lavandin, Orange Blossom, Patchouli, & Tuberose.
Vanilla Absolute is invaluable in natural perfumery. It smoothes& warms floral blends, and softens the notes of conifers. The fragrance of Vanilla has universal appeal as is a calming and soothing influence on the emotions. The Aroma of Vanilla Absolute invites sensuality, relaxes inhibitions, and eases feelings of anger and frustration.
Aromatic Profile: Very rich, warm, with a semi-bitter undertone. Adds a warm Vanilla note in natural perfumery, and is an excellent fixative.
Appearance: Dark brown fluid with a thick molasses-like consistency that may require special use of a pipette to extract from bottle.
Usees: Natural Perfumery.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your blends until the desired effect is achieved. We suggest using smaller amounts in your blends to start with; Vanilla tends to “bloom” (increase in aroma) in formulas and perfumes as they age, with the potential to become predominant.
Soluble in alcohol but cloudy when dissolved in carrier oils.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.