Thyme White Essential Oil
Our Thyme White Essential Oil (Thymus vulgaris) from Spain is a high quality Thyme oil re-distilled from so-called “Red” Thyme oil. “Red” Thyme oil is the crude distillate of the aerial parts of the herb Thyme (Thymus vulgaris). Red Thyme oil contains high levels of toxic phenols and is often redistilled for reduction of these constituents. White Thyme oil may still contain some phenols however and as it is also not a “whole” essential oil I recommend that you use Thyme linalool (Thymus vulgaris CT linalool) for aromatherapeutic purposes.
Thyme White Essential Oil has a fresh, green, herbaceous scent that blends well aromatically with Lemon, Bergamot, Lavender, Marjoram, and many other essential oils. It is a component of many classic eau-de-colognes.
This essential oil is a moderate skin irritant so it is very important that it be properly diluted before application to the skin (see general safety guidelines, below)
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.