Organic Marjoram Essential Oil
Organic Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil(Origanum majorana) from Egypt is Therapeutic Quality Organic Essential Oil steam distilled form the herbs.
Description: Marjoram is a bushy plant 15 inches tall with dark green oval leaves and small white flowers growing in clusters. Marjoram is native to the Mediterranean region, Egypt and North Africa. The major essential oil-producing countries include France, Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt, Bulgaria, Hungary and Germany. Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil (Organic) is steamed distilled from the dried plant producing a pale yellow free-flowing oil with a warm, woody, spicy aroma. The oil is used in cosmetics, perfumes, soaps, and food products.
Uses: Marjoram is a commonly used culinary herb, yet has a reputation in herbal medicine. The ancient Greeks used marjoram in medicines to treat convulsions, dropsy and narcotic poisoning. Nicholas Culpeper described marjoram as “warming and comforting in cold diseases of the head, stomach, sinews and other parts taken inwardly or outwardly applied. The decoction thereof being drunk, helps diseases of the chest, obstructions of the liver and spleen, old griefs of the womb, and the windiness thereof…”
More Info: Marjoram Essential Oil is considered yang in Chinese medicine and warms, relieves spasms, aids digestion, and lowers high blood pressure. Its sedative-warming action makes it very useful for general body massage oils. Organic Marjoram Essential Oil has an especially comforting effect on the heart; it relieves the pressure on the heart allowing the heart to rest. Diluted into a massage oil Organci Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil (Organic) has analgesic properties making it useful for muscle spasm, sprains, strains, and relief from a strenuous workout.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.