Spruce Essential Oil Black
Description: Spruce Essential Oil Black (Picea mariana) from Canada is Wildcrafted Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the needles. It has a clean, coniferous aroma with balsamic top notes and sweet, earthy undertones reminiscent of the deep. green forests where it grows.
Historical Uses: Herbal preparations of Black Spruce have reportedly been used in traditional cultures to address body aches and pains and as a remedy for respiratory complaints. The resin has been used in the tree’s native range as a chewing gum, while both cones and needles have been utilized for making therapeutic salves and tea. Aromatherapists have described the essential oil as potentially having grounding and calming effects.
Our Spruce Essential Oil (Black) is part of our Artisan Quality essential oils.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.