|Botanical Name||Origin||Cultivation||Method of Extraction||Source||Note||Main Natural Constituents||Blends Well With|
|Aniba rosaeodora||Brazil||Farm-raised||Distillation||Wood||Top||Alpha Terpineol, Alpha Pinene, Benzaldehyde, Cineole, Camphene, Geranial, Geraniol, Neral, Myrcene, Limonene, Linalool and Linalool Oxide||Orange, Bergamot, Neroli, Lime, Lemon, Grapefruit, Lavender, Jasmine and Rose|
- Additional Information
Sustainable Rosewood Essential Oil
Sustainable Rosewood Essential Oil (Aniba rosaeodora) from Brazil is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil distilled from the wood. The wood from which the oil is distilled is farm raised on reclaimed land so that production of this oil is not contributing to the endangerment of the wild trees. It has a soft, floral aroma with woody notes and a very subtle hint of rose.
Aniba rosaeodora is an evergreen tropical tree that yields a distinctive reddish heartwood that has been highly prized for furniture making. Unfortunately, this tree is now endangered in the wild due to over-harvesting as well as destruction of trees during clear-cutting of South American rainforests. The Sustainable Rosewood Essential Oil that we offer is produced from farm-raised trees. It is a pale yellow liquid and it’s soft, floral aroma blends well with most other essential oil scents.
Personally, I find the effect of inhaling the aroma of Rosewood Essential Oil to be mildly uplifting and very pleasant. Of course, your experience may be different and I’d love to hear about it.
The information that follows under Historical Uses and Herbal Energetics is provided for historical and educational interest only and is not intended as claims for actions of this product or as guidelines for use of this product. Use of a plant in traditional practices does not constitute “proof” of that plant’s actions or safety.
Rosewood has been widely used in furniture making. It has also been used to make chopsticks. The essential oil is popular in perfumery. It has been used extensively in the past in soaps and cosmetics, not only for it’s aroma, but also for it’s reported usefulness in skin care.
- ENERGY: Cool (?) and Moist (?)
- MAIN ELEMENT: Wood
- SOME CHINESE MEDICINE ACTIONS:
- Increases Guardian Qi
- Rectifies the Skin
- Tonifies the Qi
- Frees the Spirit/Normalizes the Hun
Safety: Follow General Safety Guidelines below
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
10ml, 1/2oz, 1oz, 2oz, 4oz