Rosemary Verbenone Essential Oil
Rosemary Verbenone Essential Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis ct verbenone) from France is Organic Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the fresh, flowering tops.
Rosemary Verbenone (Rosmarinus officinalis var verbenone aka Rosmarinus officinalis ct. verbenone) often contains less 1.8 cineole and sometimes contains less camphor, a potentially neurotoxic component, than do some selections of Rosemary essential oil. For that reason it has been described by some aromatherapists as gentler/safer to use than some other types of Rosemary.
According to Peter Holmes (A Clinical Guide to Essential Oil Therapeutics, 2016, pg. 314-315), Rosemary Verbenone essential oil is the least stimulating and warming of the other major types of Rosemary essential oil.
Rosemary Verbenone is more often used by professional aromatherapists than by non-professional users.
For more general information on Rosemary Essential Oil, see our product description for Organic Rosemary Essential Oil.
Do not use in or near the nostrils of infants or children. Some authors have cautioned against use of Rosemary Verbenone in pregnancy. Some authors have cautioned against use by those with compromised liver function. Follow all General Safety Guidelines as detailed in the box below.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.