Rose Geranium Essential Oil – USA aka Geranium Essential Oil, Rose
Rose Geranium Essential Oil (Pelargonium roseum) from USA is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the leaves flowers.
This Rose Geranium Essential Oil – USA is much less expensive than our French Rose Geranium and is great for making soaps. I has a very warm, with a rose scent that has a subtle herbaceous note. It is strong and holds up very well in cold process soap; it also blends well with other essential oils.
We like this USA Rose Geranium Essential Oils quite a bit but, if you want to experience the very best, then, for a few dollars more, you can choose our French Rose Geranium: Rose Geranium Essential Oils – France. With its beautiful, heavy sweet aroma and nuances of rose, French Rose Geranium Essential Oil is a premium choice among the different categories of “Geranium” essential oil available on the market – steamed distilled in small quantities and is one of the best we have ever found.
For more general info on Rose Geranium, go to: Rose Geranium Essential Oil – France.
The European Union has classified the Geranium essential oils as strong skin sensitizers, although Tisserand and Young (2014) reviewed studies on this issue and their opinion is that they are more appropriately classed as having a”low risk” in this regard.
Do not exceed 1.5% concentration in vegetable oil for topical use, avoid frequent topical use, and do not use on damaged, sensitive or irritated skin.
Some authors recommend avoiding this oil in pregnancy and in the presence of estrogen-dependent cancers/conditions; these recommendations are not found in Tisserand and Young’s Essential Oil Safety: Second Edition (2014).
There is a significant risk for drug interactions between Geranium essential oil used by the oral route and diabetic medication as well as medications such as cyclophosphamide that are metabolized by CYP2B6 enzymes. We strongly caution against oral use of any essential oil.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.