Our Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) is produced through the process of solvent extraction in Russia by a rose growing company with a long tradition of making fine quality rose absolutes. It is highly valued by perfumers and is free of the slight solvent aroma found in lower quality absolutes.
Rose Absolute is used primarily for perfumery rather than for therapeutic applications. All three aromatic preparations of Rose, including Rose Otto and Organic Rose Enfleurage, are used in making perfumes, and while all have a characteristic “rose” aroma, each is subtly different.
The aroma is quite nice and somewhat lighter than that of the same flower, Rosa damascena, which is extracted by steam distillation to produce Rose Otto.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.