Ravensara Essential Oil, Ravensara aromatica
Ravensara Essential Oil (Ravensara aromatica) from Madagascar is Wildcrafted Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the leaf.
NOTE: Ravensara and Ravintsara are NOT the same. Ravintsara is a completely different essential oil with a completely different properties and different botanical name. Ravensara has a slightly camphorous, yet light sweet scent.
Description and Uses: Ravensara Essential Oil, Ravensara aromatica (sometimes called clove nutmeg) is a member of the Lauraceae (laurel) family, and originates in Madagascar. The leaves and twigs of the tree, Ravensara aromatica, have a mildly camphorous aroma similar to eucalyptus. The ravensara essential oil (Ravensara aromatica) has been used as a fragrance material in the perfumery industry, and as an antiseptic, anti-viral, antibacterial, expectorant, anti-infective in natural and folk medicine.
Primary Aromatics Components:
- limonene 19.38%
- sabinene 11.40%
- methyl chavicol 7.94%
- α-pinene 5.55%
- linalool 5.26%
- methyl eugenol 5.00%
- germacrene d 4.76%
- terpinen-4-ol 4.00%
- e-caryophyllene 3.54%
- δ-3-carene 3.52%
- myrcene 3.43%
- α-terpinene 2.98%
- β-pinene 2.91%
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.