Ravensara Essential Oil Organic (Ravensara aromatica)
Ravensara Essential Oil Organic (Ravensara aromatica) from Madagascar is Organic Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the bark of the organic Ravensara tree (Ravendsara aromatica).
NOTE: Ravensara and Ravintsara are NOT the same. Ravintsara is a completely different essential oil with completely different botanical name and properties.
Description: Ravensara aromatica (also called Clove Nutmeg) is a member of the Laurel family and originates in Madagascar. Ravensara essential oil is steam distilled from bark and twigs of the tree. Ravensara has a slightly camphorous, yet light sweet scent.
Uses: Ravensara Essential Oil (Organic) has been used in perfume, and in folk-medicine as an expectorant, antiviral, antibacterial, antiseptic agent. Ravensara was considered helpful in comforting those with winter related illnesses such as respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, influenza, colds, and the aches and pains that come with them.
Organic Essential Oils: Organic Essential Oils are thought to be safer for skin use since the components were not chemically processed nor the plants exposed to pesticides. All of our organic essential oils meet the standards to be labeled as organic. Our organic Ravensara was steam distilled from pesticide free tree shrubs and not chemically extracted.
Primary Aromatics Components:
- limonene 19.38%
- sabinene 11.40%
- methyl chavicol 7.94%
- α-pinene 5.55%
- linalool 5.26%
- methyl eugenol 5.00%
- germacrene d 4.76%
- terpinen-4-ol 4.00%
- e-caryophyllene 3.54%
- δ-3-carene 3.52%
- myrcene 3.43%
- α-terpinene 2.98%
- β-pinene 2.91%
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.