Organic Spearmint Essential Oil
Description: Organic Therapeutic Quality Spearmint Essential Oil (Organic) (Mentha spicata) is also known as garden or common spearmint, green mint, or our lady’s mint. Our Organic Spearmint Essential Oil is sourced from USA and steam distilled from the flowering tops of the herbs.
Aroma: Organic Spearmint Essential Oil is a milder, gentler cousin of Peppermint essential oil. Spearmint has a significantly lower menthol content (0.5%) compared to Peppermint (40%). As a result, Spearmint essential oil is less bracing than Peppermint, but still has many of the same properties with a clean, refreshing scent with a sweeter start and a more floral finish.
Uses: Spearmint Essential Oil has been used to relieve the symptoms of headaches such as pain and nausea, and to combat fatigue, nervousness, and digestive complaints. It has carminative, cephalic, emenagogue, antiseptic, antispasmodic, and restorative properties, and has also been used as natural insecticide.
Spearmint Essential Oil (Organic) blends well with tea tree, rosemary, basil, eucalyptus, clary sage, lavender and marjoram, as well as with other mints to create a more complex minty scent.
Precautions: Spearmint Essential Oil (Organic) can be irritating to the skin, so it is important to dilute (5%) in a carrier oil (95%) such as fractionated coconut, or sweet almond oils for muscle massage; or dilute with evening primrose oil for neck, shoulder and temple massage for migraines or headaches.
Organic Essential Oils: Organic essential oils are considered by some to be safer for personal use since the components were not chemically processed nor the plants exposed to pesticides. All of our organic essential oils meet the standards to be labeled as organic. Our Spearmint Essential Oil (Organic) was steam distilled from organic flowering tops of spearmint plants and not chemically extracted nor artificially created.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.