|Botanical Name||Origin||Cultivation||Method of Extraction||Source||Note||Main Natural Constituents||Blends Well With|
|Mentha piperita||U.K.||Organic||Steam Distillation||Herb||Top||menthol, menthone, 1,8-cineole, methyl acetate, methofuran, isomenthone, limonene, b-pinene, a-pinene, germacrene-d, trans-sabinene hydrate and pulegone||benzoin, eucalyptus, lavender, marjoram, lemon and rosemary|
- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Organic Peppermint Essential Oil
Organic Peppermint Essential Oil(Mentha piperita) from the United Kingdom is Therapeutic Quality Organic Essential Oil steam distilled from the organic flowering tops.
DESCRIPTION AND BOTANICAL INFORMATION: Peppermint is a hybrid cross between water mint and spearmint. Peppermint grows all over the world. The USA is the largest producer of peppermint essential oil, but Eastern Europe, Italy and Morocco are also producers of Peppermint Essential Oil.
EXTRACTION: The peppermint leaves and flowers are picked just before maturity. 600 lbs. of fresh peppermint plant will yield about 2 pounds of essential oil from steam distillation.
CHARACTERISTICS:Our organic peppermint essential oil is clear to pale yellow or pale olive green, and it has a strong, fresh minty aroma. If it’s not properly stored, peppermint oil will darken and become thick and eventually turn into resin. Aromatically, peppermint essential oil is difficult to blend and can overpower other aromas.
SAFETY ISSUES AND TIPS: According to Tisserand & Young (Essential Oil Safety: Second Edition, pg. 387, 2014), Peppermint Essential Oil should not be used by any route by persons with cardiac fibrillation and/or G6PD enzyme deficiency. We do not recommend internal use of essential oils except under guidance of an appropriately trained and licensed health care professional; in the case of Peppermint Essential Oil, internal use is specifically to be avoided by persons with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) as it may produce a worsening of symptoms. Follow all other safety guidelines as indicated in the box below.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
15ml, 1oz, 2oz, 4oz