Lemon Essential Oil (Organic)
Organic Lemon Essential Oil (Citrus limonum) from Argentina is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil produced by cold expression of the peels.
Organic Lemon Essential Oil is produced by cold expression of the peel of the lemon and it’s one of the lightest fragrances used in aromatherapy, an example of a “top note”. Lemon Essential Oil can be a potential phototoxin and one should avoid outdoors activities if this oil has been applied to the skin.
In traditional Oriental medicine Lemon Essential Oil is cool and dry and will clear heat, dampness, and phlegm.
Organic Lemon Essential Oil is indicated as a lymphatic decongestant and is useful for obesity, cellulite, high blood pressure, and cholesterol. It is potentially useful for removing urinary stones and gall stones. It can be helpful in relieving headaches, nausea, and insomnia. Lemon Essential Oil improves circulation and tones the blood vessels leading to its us for varicose veins, hemorrhoids, and nosebleeds.
Lemon Essential Oil (Organic) has strong antiviral properties making it useful against colds and flu when characterized by yellow phlegm. It is an excellent antiseptic and when diluted can be sprayed in hospitals and around the home.
Lemon Essential Oil (Organic) sharpens the focus uplifting the Intellect (Yi). It can calm and refresh easing worries. Lemon is associated with the planet Venus and is considered a mild aphrodisiac.
Lemons grow on a small evergreen tree growing nine to 19 feet high with pale green leaves and highly perfumed white and pink flowers. A Lemon tree can produced up to 1,500 lemons each year.
As with all citrus trees, the lemon tree originated in Asia making it’s way to Greece in the second century AD. It now grows throughout the Mediterranean with Florida and California being the major producers. The peel was used in the Roman empire to fragrance clothing and repel insects. In the late 17th century a pharmacist named Nicholas Lemery recognized the medicinal value of the fruit. The British Navy began using large quantities of lemons to counteract scurvy on sea voyages.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.