Organic Eucalyptus Polybractea Essential Oil
With it’s refreshing, slightly sweet, camphoraceous aroma, our Organic Eucalyptus polybractea Essential Oil is one of the strongest Eucalyptus selections and has a very high percentage of 1,8 cineole (80% and higher). Herbal preparations of the plant have been used for centuries by the aboriginal peoples of Australia, where it is more commonly known today as “Blue Mallee”. This essential oil has been described by a few aromatherapists as having subtle effects that include the enhancement of psychic abilities but more commonly it’s described as supporting mental clarity and focus. We suggest using it in small amounts and avoiding use before bedtime because we find it to have a somewhat stimulating effect. Avoid using this essential oil on or near the face of anyone under ten years of age.
Eucalyptus polybractea is a multi-trunked, evergreen tree with blue-green leaves. It’s a member of the Myrtle family, is native to Australia, and is a fast grower that quickly reaches a height of about twenty feet. It’s small white flowers are hermaphroditic and are pollinated by bees. Flowers bloom in clusters between March and June. It’s widely grown in western Australia for essential oil production and for its ability to help desalinize marshy coastal areas.
HISTORICAL USES (For educational purposes only: not intended to be used for diagnosis or treatment of any medical conditions; not intended as claims for use of this product).
The leaves of Eucalyptus polybractea have played an important part in the traditional medicinal practices of the indigenous people of Australia, where they have been brewed into tea for use in cases of cold and other respiratory issues and either used as tea or rubbed into the skin for relief of body aches and insect bites.
SAFETY ISSUES AND PRECATIONS
Do not use this essential oil internally. Do not use on or near the face of anyone under 10 years of age. We recommend using this essential oil in small amounts only ( 1 drop in a single application is our preference) and avoid use near bedtime.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.