Organic Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil
Organic Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil (Cedrus atlantica) from Morocco is Therapeutic Quality Organic Essential Oil steam distilled from woody parts that are sustainably procured.
Organic Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil is thick, slightly sticky, and is yellow to deep amber in color. The aroma of Organic Cedarwood Essential Oil is sweet and woody with balsamic undertones. This oil blends well aromatically with other essential oils that are woody and floral, such as Clary Sage, Cypress, Frankincense, Juniper, Ylang ylang, and Bergamot.
The Atlas Cedar Tree is a large evergreen tree that may reach heights of over 150 feet. Its spreading branches have grey-green needles and the fragrant wood is rot-resistant. Our Organic Therapeutic Quality Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil is from Morocco and is extracted by steam distillation. Cedarwood is native to the Atlas Mountains of Algeria and Morocco.
Long considered a sacred plant, Cedarwood has held a special place among the religions and medicines of many different cultures. The ancient Egyptians used it as part of the embalming process. In temple building, it was used by the Asians as well as by Solomon in the temple at Jerusalem. The Tibetans not only used it as medicine, but because of its intensely pleasing fragrance also used it as sacred incense, as did most of the ancient world.
SAFETY INFORMATION: Organic Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil is non-sensitizing and non-irritating though its use should be avoided during pregnancy because of ketone content.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.