|Botanical Name||Origin||Cultivation||Method of Extraction||Source||Note||Main Natural Constituents||Blends Well With|
|Myristica fragrans||Indonesia||Cultivated||Steam Distillation||Seeds||Top||A-Pinene, Camphene, B-Pinene, Sabinene, Myrcene, A-Phellandrene, A-Terpinene, Limonene, 1,8-Cineole, Y-Terpinene, Linalool, Terpinen-4-Ol, Safrole, Methyl Eugenol And Myristicin||Black Pepper, Cypress, Geranium, Clary Sage, Rosemary And Orange|
- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Nutmeg Essential Oil
Nutmeg Essential Oil (Myristica fragrans) from Indonesia is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil extracted from the seeds by steam distillation.
This warming spicy nutmeg essential oil is used in aromatherapy to stimulate and invigorate the mind.
Nutmeg oil is sharp, spicy and rather musky in aroma and is extracted by steam distillation from the dried seeds.
The main chemical components of nutmeg oil are a-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, sabinene, myrcene, a-phellandrene, a-terpinene, limonene, 1,8-cineole, y-terpinene, linalool, terpinen-4-ol, safrole, methyl eugenol and myristicin.
Nutmeg oil is considered non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing, but in large dosage it may become toxic. This oil should not be used during pregnancy.
It blends well with black pepper, cypress, geranium, clary sage, rosemary and orange.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
10ml, 15ml, 1oz, 2oz, 4oz