Neroli Essential Oil
Neroli Essential Oil (Citrus aurantium) from Tunisia is Therapeutic Quality. Neroli Essential Oil is also known as “Orange Blossom Essential Oil”.
Caution must be taken when purchasing Neroli oil since many suppliers adulterate the oil to increase their profits. Even diluted, neroli oil has a strong, most incredible smell. The oil sold by us at Artisan Aromatics is unadulterated and 100% pure.
Method of Extraction
Neroli Essential Oil is steam distilled from the flowering blossoms of the orange trees, Citrus aurantium, which have a beautiful aroma.
Neroli Essential Oil is intensely floral, sweet and exotic. Orange blossom essential oil blends well with many other essential oils. Also, Neroli Essential Oil is highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way. The complexity of the aroma of Neroli Essential Oil is often appreciated in low dilutions.
Neroli oil has a sweet, floral and slightly citrusy aroma, the color is pale yellow and the viscosity is thin / watery.
Uses of our Orange Blossom Essential Oil include:
- smoothing mature skin
- healing scars
- dealing with stress
- restoring feelings of well being
Like Lavender, Neroli essential oil is one of the most popular essential oils as it not only has great therapeutic properties, but also has the most incredible smell. The aroma of Neroli Essential oil has a greatly relaxing effect on the body and mind, relieving muscle spasms, calming heart palpitations and has a wonderful rejuvenating and regenerative effect on the skin and more.
Neroli Essential Oil is also known as ‘orange blossom’ and it takes about 1000 lbs. of orange blossoms to make 1 lb. of Neroli oil. The name is said to have originated from the Italian princess, Anne-Marie de la Tremoille (Countess of Nerola) who used the oil as a perfume and to scent her bathwater and gloves. It is still an ingredient for making traditional smelling eau-de-cologne. Orange petals are often associated with marriage, purity and brides, as brides traditionally wore orange buds in their hair.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.