Our Mimosa Absolute (Acacia decurrens) comes from Mimosa flowers Wildcrafted in France, which are extracted with solvent to produce a high quality Mimosa Absolute.
Also known as as “cassie” in perfumery, Mimosa absolute is cherished as a heart-note and fixative, harmonizing the blended aromas of many famous perfumes.
The aroma is warm and sweet with a tinge of spice.
The Mimosa tree from which our absolute is extracted is a species of Acacia, a fast-growing evergreen tree or shrub with delicate foliage and vibrant, aromatic flowers, which burst into a breath-taking display of small, yellow blooms densely arrayed along the stems. It is native to Australia and naturalized in the Mediterranean. In France, people gift each other bushels of flowering Mimosa branches as a way to cheer in the Spring.
This plant is not related to another well-known “Mimosa Tree”, also known as Silk Tree and having the botanical name Albizia julibrissin. The Silk Tree has large, bright pink flowers shaped like pom-poms and is native to Asia.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.