Pink Lotus Absolute
Pink Lotus Absolute (Nelumbo nucifera) from India is solvent-extracted. Every perfumer needs Pink Lotus in their arsenal of aromas.
Absolutes are highly concentrated, aromatic oils derived via solvent extraction of plant material – often from flowers that are too delicate for steam distillation, like Jasmine, Mimosa and White and Pink Lotus. The extraction process involves lower temperatures than distillation, so the aromatic compounds in Absolutes can smell exceptionally fresh. Our Pink Lotus Absolute is extracted with high quality solvent which is carefully removed resulting in almost none of the detectable solvent odor that is so evident in lower quality products.
Pink Lotus has historically been cherished in India for its uplifting effects and as many mythological and religious associations in the culture of India.
“Much like the lotus seed, we may often feel stuck in this muck of labels and separateness. Then by chance, we may receive a little wisdom. Maybe on an off day… We hear some simple wisdom that cracks open the tough shell of the little lotus seed. From there we move through the distorting water of our limited understanding and reach for the light of wisdom, which is always shining us, if only we would take the time to notice it…. [Lotuses] know that to bloom is their ultimate goal and that it’s worth continuously reaching through the distortion to find the ultimate source of light. The struggle is part of the process, and the result is pure beauty.”
~ Myths of the Asanas by Kaivalya & van see Kooij
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.