Lemongrass Essential Oil
Lemongrass Essential Oil (Cymbopogon citratus) from India is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil produced using a solvent to extract the oil from the grass.
Description: Lemongrass originated in Sri Lanka and is now cultivated in the West Indies, India Africa and tropical Asia. It has been used in cooking for its citrus like flavor for centuries throughout Southeast Asia. Our Therapeutic Quality Lemongrass Essential Oil is cultivated in India using steam distillation. The plant grows to two feet in height with bright green sword-like leaves and a bulbous root. The oil is amber in color and has a fresh, citrus scent. The smell of Lemongrass Essential Oil is very strong with a middle to top note. Lemongrass Essential Oil blends well with lime, bergamot, tagetes, lavender(true), orange(sweet), angelica(root), and cedarwood essential oils.
Uses: Lemongrass Essential Oil has antirheumatic, antiseptic, antiviral, bactericidal, restorative and tonifying properties. It is a very effective insecticide against mosquitoes, fleas, ticks and lice. Despite its ability to repel insects, it is commonly used to attract honey bees. Lemongrass essential oil is quite helpful in many types of appetite and digestive issues.
More Info: Lemongrass has many traditional medicinal properties and is used extensively in Ayurvedic medicine. In Sanskrit, “Ayus” means life, “Veda” means science (knowledge), thus “Ayurveda” translates as “Science of Life”. Lemongrass essential oil is considered to be very good to balance a Pita excess in Ayurvedic medicine. Lemongrass essential oil is considered to have Yang properties in Chinese medicine and corresponds to the air element. Mercury is the astral body associated with lemongrass and lemongrass is considered to have magical powers associated with lust and protection.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.