|Botanical Name||Origin||Cultivation||Method of Extraction||Source||Note||Main Natural Constituents||Blends Well With|
|Cymbopogon citratus||Sri Lanka||Organic||Distillation||Grass||Top||Myrcene, Citronellal, Geranyl Acetate, Nerol, Geraniol, Neral, Limonene and Citral||Basil, Cedar Wood, Coriander, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Lavandin and Tea Tree|
- Additional Information
Organic Lemongrass Essential Oil
Organic Lemongrass Essential Oil (Cymbopogon citratus) is a fragrant grass with aromatic characteristics similar to citronella. Our organic Lemongrass Essential Oil is from Sri Lanka and has a fresh, clean, lemony scent.
The leaves of Lemongrass have been used in traditional medicine in the areas in which it grows and also impart a distinctive taste to many local dishes.
I love the fresh clean intense aroma of our organic lemongrass oil at first but I find it best to inhale very small amounts since the aroma can be a bit overwhelming.
Safety Information: Lemongrass is a skin sensitizer and may cause skin irritation. Also, unlike most other essential oils, which should be diluted to 2.5% before being applied to the skin, lemongrass should be diluted to no more than 0.7%.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
15ml, 1oz, 2oz, 4oz