Lavandin Essential Oil
Lavandin Essential Oil (Lavandula hybrida grosso) from France is Wildcrafted Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil and is steam distilled from the fresh flowering top of the plant. It has similar qualities and uses to that of Lavender Essential Oil, but has a higher camphor content and a sharper more intense scent.
Lavandin, a hybrid, was created in France (where it is grown extensively) in 1900 by crossing lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) with spike lavender (Lavandula latifolia), resulting in a plant somewhat larger than lavender with woody stems and grayish blue flowers.
The main chemical components of Lavandin Oil are lavandulol, linalool, linalyl acetate, caryophyllene, camphene, dipentene, limonene, ocimene, terpinene, cineole and camphor.
Historical accounts list the therapeutic properties of Lavandin Essential Oil as antidepressant, antiseptic, analgesic, cicatrisant, expectorant, nervine and vulnerary. Lavandin essential oil has been used in cases of muscle ache, pains and stiffness, and to ease coughs that come with colds or the flu. Lavandin has been used as an antidepressant for anxiety, loss, grief, stagnation, or personal failure.
Lavandin Oil blends well with bergamot, cinnamon, clary sage, jasmine, pine, patchouli, rosemary and thyme; all citrus and flower essential oils would be good companions to Lavandin. Lavandin Essential Oil is a favorite of the perfume industry.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.