Lavandin Essential Oil, Organic
Lavandin Essential Oil, Organic (Lavandula hybrida grosso) from Spain is Organic Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the flowers.
Lavandin, a hybrid, was created in France (where it is grown extensively) in 1900 by crossing lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) with spike lavender (Lavandula latifolia), resulting in a plant somewhat larger than lavender with woody stems and grayish blue flowers. Lavandin Essential Oil, Organic has similar qualities and uses to that of Lavender essential oil, but has a higher camphor content and a sharper more intense scent.
The therapeutic properties of Lavandin Essential Oil (Organic) are antidepressant, antiseptic, analgesic, cicatrisant, expectorant, nervine and vulnerary. Lavandin Essential Oil (Organic) has been used for muscle aches, pains and stiffness, and to ease coughs that come with colds or the flu. Lavandin has been used as an antidepressant for anxiety, loss, grief, stagnation, or personal failure.
Lavandin Essential Oil, Organic blends well with bergamot, cinnamon, clary sage, jasmine, pine, patchouli, rosemary and thyme. All citrus and flower essential oils would be good companions to Lavandin. Lavandin Essential Oil is a favorite of the perfume industry.
Organic essential oils are considered by some to be safer for personal use since the components were not chemically processed nor the plants exposed to pesticides. All of our organic essential oils meet the standards to be labeled as organic. Our Lavandin Essential Oil (Organic) was steam distilled from organic leaves and flowers of pesticide-free plants and not chemically extracted nor artificially created.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.