|Botanical Name||Origin||Cultivation||Method of Extraction||Source||Note||Main Natural Constituents||Blends Well With|
|Kunzea ericoides||New Zealand||Wildcrafted||Steam Distillation||Leaves and twigs||Middle||alpha-Pinene, viridiflorol, Limonene, Cineol||lavender, clary sage, lemon, marjoram, nutmeg, pine, rosemary|
- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Kanuka Essential Oil
Kanuka Essential Oil (Kunzea ericoides) from New Zealand is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the leaves and twigs.
Both Kanuka Essential Oil and Manuka Essential Oil come from New Zealand. The Kanuka native trees grow naturally in green bushland of New Zealand. Both Manuka and Kanuka (Kunzea ericoides) were used by both the indigenous Maori people of New Zealand and early European settlers as medicinal plants.
Kanuka Essential Oil has a pale yellow to yellow/green color, with a sweet, minty herbaceous aroma. The main components of Kanuka oil include Alpha-pinene, viridifloral, gamma-terpinene, p-cymene, cis-calamenene, linalool.
Kanuka was originally used by the Maori people of New Zealand both medicinally and ceremonially. Both Kanuka and Manuka are are often referred to as ‘Tea tree’ though they are not and should not be confused either with each other or with Australian Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia).
Kanuka oil blends well with Cedarwood, Lavender, Lemon, Lemon Myrtle and Sandalwood.
Essential Oils of Manuka and Kanuka both have very similar properties and can be used almost interchangeably for similar applications. Both are members of the myrtaceae family and are often termed as the “New Zealand tea tree” but they actually have a wider range of active compounds than tea tree essential oil.
Some studies have shown that kanuka plants that are grown at higher altitudes are somewhat more effective than those grown at low altitudes.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
2ml, 5ml, 10ml, 15ml, 1oz, 2oz, 4oz