Juniper Berry Essential Oil
Juniper Berry Essential Oil (Juniperus communis) from Croatia is Wildcrafted Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the fruit.
Description and Uses: Juniper Berry Essential Oil has astringent, antiseptic, and detoxifying properties, Juniper Essential Oil is said to exert a cleansing and calming effect on both the mind and body. Diluted in a bath or massage oil, Juniper Oil can help relieve the pain of arthritis and rheumatism, and is said to aid in releasing fluid retention. Juniper Essential Oil is used in many masculine perfumes, after-shaves and colognes. Traditional use: astringent, skin detoxifier, deodorant, soothing agent.
Juniper Berry Essential Oil can help calm the nerves, relieves anxiety, nervous tension and mental exhaustion. It is helpful when the prostate gland is enlarged and is used to help with the inability to pass urine, in cases of cystitis and kidney stones. It is also helpful for cellulite and fluid retention. Juniper Essential Oil generally helps with the digestive system, particularly in cases of obesity, over-indulgence of food and premenstrual bloating.
More Info: Juniper Berry Essential Oil is also used for the liver and has a tonic effect and helps regulate the menstrual cycle and eases painful period pains. It assists with the elimination of uric acid and therefore relieves pain in cases of gout, rheumatism and arthritis. Apart from this, Juniper Essential Oil is also very effective for acne, eczema, oily skin, weeping eczema, psoriasis and dandruff and alleviates inflammation.
Juniper berries have long been used as medicine by many cultures. Juniper berries were used by native Americans as a herbal remedy for urinary tract infections. Native Americans have also used juniper to treat diabetes; such treatments by the Navajo, for example, are under clinical study. Clinical studies have shown that treatment with juniper may retard the development of streptozotocin diabetes in mice.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.