Galbanum Essential Oil
Galbanum Essential Oil (Ferula galbaniflua) from Iran is Wildcrafted Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the Resin and Gum.
Galbanum Essential Oil (Ferula galbaniflua) has been around for a very long time but, is much less well known than lavender, tea tree, frankincense, etc. Galbanum resin was one of the prized incense ingredients used by ancient Egyptions.
Galbanum oil is steam distilled from the resin or gum. Galbanum oil’s chemical composition includes a large precentage of Monoterpenes (tricyclene, alpha-pinene, beta-pinene, camphene, delta3-carene, limonene, myrcene, sabinene, terpinolene, beta phellandrene); with small amounts of Sesquiterpenols (guaiol, bulsenol, galbanol); Esters (fenchyl acetate, linalyl acetate, tergenyl acetate, bornyl acetate) and Lactone (umbelliferone). Galbanum Essential Oil blends well with bergamot, cedarwood, cypress, frankincense, violet, lavender, geranium, and many other essential oils. Galbanum Oil has a very strong smell, so use lightly. Like quite a few essential oils, should be voided during Pregnancy.
I have aches and pains in my joints, especially my hands and find Galbanum oil to be useful for this and it is quite gentle and soothing to the mind.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.