Frankincense Essential Oil Somalia
Frankincense Essential Oil (Somalia) (Boswellia carterii) is Wildcrafted Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the gum of the trees.
Frankincense Essential Oil (Somalia), also known as olibanum, is a small tree growing up to 22 feet with abundant narrow leaves and white to pale pink flowers. Incisions are made to the tree allowing a milky white sap to ooze. This resin hardens to a brownish gum and is steam distilled to produce Frankincense Essential Oil Somalia. Frankincense is native to the Middle East and now grows in Somalia, Ethiopia, southern Arabia, and China.
Frankincense was used in both religious and domestic life in the Ancient Egyptian, Babylonian, Persian, Hebrew, Greek, and Roman cultures. It is possibly the most important incense ingredient in history. The name is derived from the medieval French word franc, meaning purify and the Latin word incensium, to smoke.
Frankincense was used by the Ancient Egyptians as one of the main ingredients in their temple incense kyphi and the gum was charred to produce kohl which Egyptian women used to paint their eyelashes. Frankincense is one of the four main ingredients the Hebrews used for their ceremonial incense burned on the Sabbath. Frankincense was one of the gifts the Magi presented to Jesus and is mentioned 22 times in the Bible.
Frankincense Essential Oil (Somalia) has its most important effect on the nervous system. It has the ability to relax and revitalize making it an excellent treatment for nervous tension and nervous exhaustion. Frankincense Essential Oil is uplifting and can help alleviate stress that has given way to irritability and restlessness.
Frankincense Essential Oil (Somalia) is said to “deepen the breath” and is useful for issues such as bronchitis and asthma.
In Oriental medicine Frankincense Essential Oil (Somalia) helps smooth the flow of Qi-energy and calm the nerves and is said to strengthen the immune system.
Frankincense Essential Oil (Somalia) has long been recognized as having psychological and spiritual benefits around the world. It calms and centers the mind and is an aid to meditation, contemplation, and prayer. The aroma of Frankincense alleviates mental distractions allowing clarity of thought and a sense of purpose.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.