Eucalyptus radiata Essential Oil
Eucalyptus radiata Essential Oil (Eucalyptus radiata) from Australia is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the leaves.
Our Therapeutic Quality Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil is cultivated in Australia, where it is steam-distilled from the fresh leaves of the Narrow-Leaved Peppermint tree. This evergreen tree generally reaches 120 feet in height, with gray bark that naturally peels into long strips and creamy-yellow flowers that appear in the heat of the Australian summer.
The Essential Oil of Eucalyptus radiata is colorless to pale yellow with a sharp, fresh, slightly floral aroma that is often thought of as medicinal.
The uses of this essential oil in aromatherapy are generally similar to the uses of Eucalyptus globulus. Although it’s been reported by some aromatherapists that this is a better choice for children than Euclyptus globulus, this advice seem unwarranted since it can be just as high as Eucalyptus globulus in 1,8 cineole, a constituent that has the potential to cause CNS and breathing problems in children.
CAUTION: Externally used and in proper dilution, Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil is generally non-irritant and non-toxic. Do not take this essential oil internally. Do not use this essential oil on or near the faces of infants and children younger than 10 years of age.
Eucalyptus Radiata was the first of the Eucalyptus family to be used to produce essential oils. .
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.