Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil
Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil (Eucalyptus radiata) from Australia is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the leaves.
Our Therapeutic Quality Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil is cultivated in Australia, where it is steam-distilled from the fresh leaves of the Narrow-Leaved Peppermint tree. This evergreen tree generally reaches 120 feet in height, with gray bark that naturally peels into long strips and creamy-yellow flowers that appear in the heat of the Australian summer.
The Essential Oil of Eucalyptus Radiata is colorless to pale yellow with a sharp, fresh, slightly floral aroma that is often thought of as medicinal.
Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil has many properties, including analgesic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antineuralgic, antiseptic (pulmonary), antispasmodic, antitussive, antiviral, balsamic, decongestant (pulmonary), depurative, expectorant, immunomodulator, febrifuge, mucolytic, pulmonary, rheumatic, respiratory stimulant, rubefacient, tonic, and vulnerary.
Because of its analgesic properties, Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil is widely used for complaints of the musculoskeletal system: Aches, pains, sprains, plantar fasciitis, stiffness, arthritis, and rheumatism.
Not only is it used during colds, flu, and bronchitis, but it is also used to help support the immune system after prolonged bouts of these conditions. Sinus infection and congestion, laryngitis, and sore throat are among its other respiratory-related uses. Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil has also been used to improve circulation and for congestion of the lymphatic system.
In addition to being used for nervous system complaints like migraines and headaches, neuralgia, and adrenal fatigue, many people use Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil to free themselves of feelings of stagnation or emotional constriction.
For the skin, wounds such as cuts, blisters, and burns have been treated with Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil, as well as boils, abscesses, infections of the skin and necrotic ulcers.
CAUTION: Externally used and in proper dilution, Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil is generally non-irritant and non-toxic. However, the use of all eucalyptus oils should be avoided with children.
Eucalyptus Radiata was the first of the Eucalyptus family to be used to produce essential oils. It is also a good alternative to use when Eucalyptus Essential Oil is needed but one wishes to avoid overstimulation or interference with sleep.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.