Eucalyptus Citriodora Essential Oil
Eucalyptus citriodora is also known by another botanical name, Corymbia citriodora and by the common name Lemon Eucalyptus.
Eucalyptus citriodora Essential Oil (Eucalyptus Citriodora) from AUSTRALIA is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the leaves.
The Lemon Eucalyptus, also known as the lemon-scented or blue spotted gum, is a towering tree native to Australia where it reaches heights of over 115 feet. This heavily scented evergreen has smooth bark with a tendency to shed. In addition to its use in aromatherapy and perfumery, it is also important in the production of honey and for timber.
Though the penetrating scent of Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil may overpower floral aromas, it blends very well with lemon, lavender, and many types of conifers.
The properties and uses of Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil have been reported as being somewhat different than those of Eucalyptus globulus. Shirley and Len Price, for example, have described it as being helpful for easing pain but do not emphasize it’s use for people with colds and congestion.
Safety Issues: Eucalyptus citriodora essential oil is generally non-toxic and non-irritating when used externally and diluted properly. Fllow all general essential oil safety recommendations listed below.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.