Eucalyptus Blue Mallee Essential Oil
Eucalyptus Blue Mallee Essential Oil (Eucalyptus polybractea) from Australia is Therapeutic Quality.
Native to Australia, the Blue mallee (Eucalyptus polybractea) is a much smaller relative of its eucalyptus cousins. This many-trunked tree has smooth bark and narrow gray-green leaves. It is from the tree’s fresh leaves that Eucalyptus Blue Mallee Essential Oil is obtained via steam distillation.
Our cultivated Therapeutic Quality Eucalyptus Blue Mallee Essential Oil is colorless to pale yellow with a sharp, fresh, somewhat medicinal odor. Aromatically, this oil blends well with lavender, lemon, pine, rosemary, and thyme.
Eucalyptus Blue Mallee Essential Oil has been mainly used in aromatherapy for respiratory and musculoskeletal issues.
SAFETY ISSUES: When used externally and in correct dilution, Eucalyptus Blue Mallee Essential Oil is generally non-toxic and non-irritant for adults. Do not use this essential oil internally. Do not use on or near the faces of babies or children under 10 years of age.
Mallee gets its name from the Australian Aborigines, as it has long been used by them as a medicine. Some aromatherapists believe that Eucalyptus Blue Mallee Essential Oil can actually enhance psychic abilities.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.