Elemi Essential Oil
Elemi Essential Oil (Canarium luzonicum) from the Philippines is 100% Pure & Natural Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the gum of the cultivated Elemi tree.
Elemi Essential Oil – Major Constituents:
The elemi tree is related to frankincense, myrrh and opoponax, which all belong to the Burseraceae family. In common with its close relatives, a white or yellow oleoresin is produced when the bark is lacerated. The fragrance of this oleoresin is sharp, green and pungent. Gums and oleoresins produced by a tree are technically referred to as a pathological exudate.
Elemi Essential Oil – General description:
Canarium luzonicum is a deciduous tree found in the forests of Luzon and other islands of the Philippines where it believed to have originated. The elemi tree can easily reach a height of 100 ft.
Elemi oleoresin is mainly found in resin channels just inside the bark, and is mainly produced during the rainy season. It is acquired commercially by lacerating the trunk with deep incisions, known as “tapping” – somewhat similar to the way the sap is gathered from pine trees in the SE U.S.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.