Cumin Essential Oil
Cumin Essential Oil (Cuminum cyminum) from Egypt is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the seeds.
Caution: Cumin seed essential oil is phototoxic and should not be used on skin at concentrations greater than 0.4% (diluted in vegetable oil) for at least 12 hours before exposure to the sun or other sources of UV light, such as tanning lamps. Failure to follow these precautions may result in severe sunburn, permanent discoloration and scarring of affected skin, and a possibly increased risk for the development of skin cancer.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.