Clove Leaf Essential Oil
Description: Clove Leaf Essential Oil (Eugenia caryophylatta) from Madagascar is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the leaves.
The familiar clove buds come from an evergreen tree growing up to twelve feet in height. It is believed to have originate in Indonesia. During harvest the branches are beaten with sticks allowing the buds to fall to the ground. They are then dried and used in the spice and perfume industry.
Uses: Clove Leaf Oil is a natural analgaesic and antiseptic used primarily in dentistry for its main ingredient eugenol. Clove Leaf Essential Oil consists of 82–88% eugenol and unlike clove bud essential oil has little or no eugenyl acetate, and minor constituents.
More Info: Clove was on of the earliest spices traded. It has been used for medicinal purposes since ancient times.
Clove Leaf Oil is a major skin irritant (Clove Bud Essential Oil is less of a skin irritant).
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.