Clove Bud Essential Oil, Organic
Description: Clove Bud Essential Oil, Organic (Eugenia caryophylatta) from Madagascar is Organic Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the buds.
The familiar spice clove comes from an evergreen tree which grows up to twelve feet in height. At harvest time the branches are beaten with sticks causing the clove buds to fall to the ground. The clove buds are then gathered and dried to be used in the spice and perfume industries. The clove bud essential oil, organic is extracted by water distillation from the buds.
Precautions: Clove Bud Essential Oil is a skin irritant. Maximum concentration for application to skin is 0.1% to 0.5%.
More Info: Clove is believed to have originated in Indonesia and the buds were on of the earliest spices traded in the ancient world. It was used extensively in China for many ailments.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.