Cistus Absolute Oil
Also know Labdanum
Cistus Absolute (Cistus ladaniferus) from France is solvent extracted from the flowers and has a warm, slightly amber aroma.
A Cistus essential oil is also extracted from the leaves and stalks of the same plant and in yet another aromatic preparation of this plant, an absolute known as Labdanum is solvent extracted from the crude gum.
Cistus absolute is often used in perfumery.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.