Organic Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
Organic Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil is also known as “Organic Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil” and “Organic Cinnamon Oil”.
Organic Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) from Sri Lanka is Organic Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the leaves.
Cinnamon has been one of humanity’s most ancient aromatics as both a spice and as medicine. Written in Exodus XXX, 23 is a formula containing cinnamon, myrrh, cassia, calamus, and olive oil to use as a holy anointing oil. In Egypt, cinnamon was used for embalming, perfuming incense, and as a medicine. In medieval Europe it was used as a flavoring in beverages, and as a religious rites aromatic. In various time periods, Cinnamon was considered more valuable than gold.
Cinnamon Leaf essential oil has been used for the treatment of arthritis, infections, menstrual disorders, nausea, and rheumatism. It has also been used for relief from constipation, flatulence, lice, low blood pressure, scabies, stress and exhaustion.
Cinnamon Leaf essential oil blends well with other spicy oils such as clove, cardamon, and ginger; and citrus oils such as bergamot, orange, or lemon; or herbs such as rosemary and thyme; flower essentials such as ylang ylang or lavender; but it also blends well with frankincense, myrrh or tea tree. Cinnamon Leaf essential oil has a deeper and richer spicy scent than the powdered spice.
Organic essential oils are thought by some to be safer for use since the components were not chemically processed nor the plants exposed to pesticides. All of our organic essential oils meet the standards to be labeled as organic. Our organic Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil was steam distilled from dried pesticide free tree leaves.
Safety Information: Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil (Organic) may produce irritations on skin if used in high concentrations, also a low risk for mucous membrane irritation, may inhibit blood clotting or interact with certain prescription drugs. Dermal maximum of 0.6% dilution rate.
Organic Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil is much less irritating to the skin than Cinnamon BARK oil.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.