Chamomile Essential Oil (Roman)
Chamomile Essential Oil (Roman) is know by two botanical names, Chamaemelum nobile or Anthemis nobilis.
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil (Chamaemelum nobile also known as Anthemis nobilis) is also known as “English Chamomile” or “True Chamomile”. It is a small, fragrant, hairy-stemmed perennial herb with white daisy-like flowers.
Native to Southern and Western Europe, Roman Chamomile Essential Oil is steam distilled from the herb’s fresh flowers.
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil has a warm, fresh scent that some people describe as reminiscent of apples. Others experience the aroma as rather heavy, Aromatically, this oil blends well with other fragrant oils such as bergamot, clary sage, eucalyptus, galbanum, jasmine, lavender, neroli, and rosemary.
Aromatherapists have often reported that Roman Chamomile Essential Oil is useful for those who want to experience a comforting, relaxing effect and we have found it to be a good choice for using in a fan diffuser at the end of a stressful day (place up tp 3 drops on the fan diffuser pad).
CAUTION: Non-toxic and non-irritant, Roman Chamomile Essential Oil should nevertheless be avoided by those suffering from allergies such as ragweed or hay fever, as they may also be allergic to chamomile. Some aromatherapists advise that women who are in their 1st trimester of pregnancy should also avoid Roman Chamomile Essential Oil.
For the ancient Egyptians, Roman Chamomile Essential Oil was sacred to Ra, their solar deity.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.