Blue Tansy Essential Oil
Blue Tansy Essential Oil (Tanacetum annuum) is pure Wildcrafted Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil imported from Morocco and steam distilled from the leaves and flowers.
Blue Tansy essential oil has a sweet, fresh and enticing aroma. It is a member of the Asteraceae family, and since it is a common herb in many parts of the world, it has been widely used in folk medicine as have other members of its rather large genus.
Uses for Blue Tansy
Common folk medicine uses of the herb have been as an:
- digestive aid, and
- antispasmodic agent.
Be aware of misinformation
Many of the claims made for Blue Tansy essential oil on various websites are unsubstantiated.
Blue Tansy (Tanacetum annuum) is closely related to Tansy (Tanacetum vulgare) and it is important that essential oil users not confuse the essential oils of these two plants since Tansy (Tanacetum vulgare) essential oil is a neurotoxin that is not safe for use. Blue Tansy (Tanacetun annuum) is the only member of the genus that should be used as an essential oil.
Blue Tansy in Chinese Medicine
Blue Tansy essential oil has been said to increase Guardian Qi, Clear Heat, Rectify the Skin, tonify Lung Qi and Heart Qi, Fortify the Stomach and Spleen, and Free the Spirit.
Main Element = Fire
Specific Safety Considerations for External Use
Some authors advise against the use of Blue Tansy essential oils by pregnant women. Tisserand advises against use by any route by people taking drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 liver enzymes (since this includes many drugs, anyone taking medication should consult with a pharmacist or physician prior to using Blue Tansy essential oil)
The above information concerning historical and folk medicine actions and uses of this essential oil or the herb from which it extracted is provided for historical and scholarly interest only and should not be taken as claims for actions of this product on the structure or function of the body and/or should not be construed as indicating that this product should be used for self-treatment of any illness or disease.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.