White Birch Essential Oil
Birch Essential Oil White (Betula alba) from Ukraine is Wildcrafted Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil. White Birch Essential Oil is steam distilled from the bark.
You may see White Birch Essential Oil with two different botanical names: Betula alba or Betula pendula. This is because nomenclature for botanical species may change over time when new discoveries are made.
Finding the “right” birch oil can be a bit confusing since there are quite a few different types of birch trees and even the same type of birch tree may have several different common names. As you see in this case, the White Birch tree has two different botanical names. There are two types of birch, the White Birch or Silver Birch, which is scientifically known as Betula pendula or Betula alba, and the Black Birch, Sweet Birch, or Cherry Birch whose scientific name is Betula lenta. Sweet Birch is comprised almost entirely of methyl salicylate and is a restricted oil. White Birch has much less methyl salicylate and is more suitable for general use.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.