|Botanical Name||Origin||Cultivation||Method of Extraction||Source||Note||Main Natural Constituents||Blends Well With|
|Betula alba||Ukraine||Cultivated||Steam Distillation||Bark||Top||salicylic acid, methyl salicylate, betulene and betulenol||Benzoin, Sandalwood, Rosemary and Jasmine|
- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
White Birch Essential Oil
Birch Essential Oil White (Betula alba) from Ukraine is Wildcrafted Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil. White Birch Essential Oil is steam distilled from the bark.
You may see White Birch Essential Oil with two different botanical names: Betula alba or Betula pendula. This is because nomenclature for botanical species may change over time when new discoveries are made. Betula pendula is replacing Betula alba as the correct name for White Birch Essential Oil.
Finding the “right” birch oil can be a bit confusing since there are quite a few different types of birch trees and even the same type of birch tree may have several different common names. And, as you see in this case, the white birch tree even has two different botanical names (one old and one new). There are two types of birch, the White Birch or Silver Birch, which is scientifically known as Betula Pendula (previously known as Betula Alba), and the Black Birch, Sweet Birch, or Cherry Birch whose scientific name is Betula Lenta. The main constituents of birch oil are Salicylic Acid, Methyl Salicylate, Betulene and Betulenol.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
10ml, 15ml, 1oz, 2oz, 4oz