Bergamot Mint Essential Oil
Bergamot Mint Essential Oil (Mentha citrata) from the USA is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil distilled from the leaves of the plant.
The aroma of bergamot mint essential oil resembles that of bergamot but is also sweet-herbaceous and a bit fruit like. The aroma of bergamot mint is slightly reminiscent of clary sage. This type of mint of essential oil is emotionally uplifting and calming.
This essential oil has unrealized potential for blenders and natural perfume makers. Bergamot mint blends well with lavender, sage, bergamot, and petitgrain. Surprisingly, it has a sweet, almost sugary aroma that counter balances the sharp aromas of some other essential oils.
Bergamot mint contains both linalool and linalyl acetate giving this oil properties similar to lavender.
Bergamot mint is not well known in the essential oil and aromatherapy industry or in the natural perfume industry but we feel that it a “little gem” that needs to be utilized more often.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.