Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax benzon), extruded aka Onycha
This Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax benzoin) from Laos is extra thick – almost a paste. For perfumers and natural product makers, this un-diluted Benzoin may be preferable to our other Benzoin that has been diluted in DPG – IF you can handle the molasses-like thickness. (Styrax benzoin) This undiluted natural liquid Benzoin, wildcrafted in Laos, is also know as “Onycha”. Benzoin resinoid is sold on many companies’ websites as “Benzoin essential oil” but these products are actually Benzoin resinoid. This very thick Benzoin liquid resin is more appropriate for therapeutic use than our more pourable Benzoin diluted in DPG.
Benzoin – Very Thick:
Wildcrafted and then Extruded in Laos.
Our Benzoin is Wildcrafted and then extruded, rather than being steam distilled like most essential oils. This is one of the reasons that the correct designation is Benzoin Resinoid rather than Benzoin Essential Oil.
Our extruded Benzoin has a very fine aroma and is used in perfumery. It carries a low risk for skin sensitization but can cause reactions if used on hypersensitive, diseased or damaged skin.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.