Balsam Peru Resinoid, pourable
Balsam Peru Resinoid, Pourable (Myroxylon peruiferum) is extruded from the bark of the Balsam Peru tree. Its aroma is similar to our steam distilled essential oil of Balsam Peru, but is a bit more earthy and complex and not as rich in the scent of vanilla. It is also a little thicker than the steam distilled Balsam Peru essential oil and is a very dark (almost black) color.
Balsam Peru resinoid (Myroxylon peruiferum) from El Salvador is wildcrafted and extruded from the bark.
Origin and Uses
Balsam Peru Resinoid has historically been used in perfumery. Today, we know that this resinoid can be a significant cause of sensitization reactions and so, its primary use is in MINUTE quantities for natural perfumery. This product is best used by professional perfumers who are thoroughly familiar with its sensitizing potential.
- Warm and Dry
- Main Element = Fire
- Secondary Element = Metal
Disclaimer: Information provided in this description is for educational purposes only. Its is not intended to be used in/for the treatment, cure, mitigation or diagnosis of any mental or physical disease or illness or as a substitute for consulting with a physician or other appropriately trained and licensed health care professional. Artisan Aromatics is not responsible for any adverse effects resulting from the improper use of any suggestions, products, preparations, or procedures mentioned or from attempts to follow historical reports of a plant’s uses. Please note that essential oils do not necessarily have the same properties as other types of herbal preparations of the same plant and since essential oils are the most highly concentrated type of preparation made from plants, they can have toxicity issues not arising from use of other types of herbal preparations of a given plant. All issues that pertain to your physical or mental health should be discussed with and supervised by a licensed health care professional. Keep all essential oils away from and out of reach of children
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.